Friday, February 20, 2009

LOST and Caravaggio

Hooray for a Caravaggio painting on this week's LOST episode! That was definitely my favorite part of the show.

For a while, J and I were thinking that perhaps the medusa spider (mems how it bit Paolo and Nikki?) might be associated with Locke's "death." However, they mentioned this week that Locke hung himself, so I guess that isn't the case.

I don't like Locke all that much, and all of the hinted comparisons between him and Christ (through themes like sacrifice and resurrection) bother me. I'd rather have someone else be the savior of the island - like Hurley!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the comparisons between Locke and a savior figure are so obvious and in your face, it's like being hit in the head with a 2x4. Just in case viewers didn't get the references throughout this season, let's use words like "savior" and "sacrifice" and maybe have Locke's body be all broken and bruised before he can make the wheel turn. . . And also I agree that Hurley would be way more awesome for the job :) Speaking of, I believe Desmond plays Christ in a film called, "The Gospel of John," which I've heard a lot of good things about.

    Um, can you explain the medusa spider and its associated incident with Paolo and Nikki? Guess I didn't see that episode . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The medusa spider is a poisonous species that leaves its victim paralyzed for a couple of hours after biting. I think that Lostpedia explains the whole circumstance better than me:

    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Medusa_spider

    Basically, Paolo and Nikki were survivors that accidentally got buried alive because they had been bitten by a medusa spider. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete