Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new round of "what the...?"

Well, after the premiere, we thought we'd raise the obvious questions, along with (maybe) some less-obvious thoughts:

  • Did Ben hire the lawyers to approach Kate in order to scare her out of her comfortable life?
  • Also, is Ben behind the guys in the "safe-house" that attacked Sayid?
  • Is Sun aligned with Whidmore (whatever that guy's about...)?
  • Does Sun blame Jack for Jin's death, maybe because he prevented Kate from getting him, or something?
  • Is the white-haired lady Daniel's mom?
  • Who's this Jill lady at the butcher shop? Seriously...
  • Daniel at the Dharma Initiative: before or after his research at Oxford?
  • Is Hurley's mom in danger now that she knows (or does she really believe) that they lied?
  • Richard and the Others: we knew they don't age, but what's their relationship with the time-traveliness of the island?
  • Why isn't Daniel helping Charlotte? Is it because he can't do anything to help her? Can't they all be each other's constants? What gives?
  • Keeping Locke safe: I guess he'll be coming back to life then...that is, if everything goes according to plan.
  • Miles: we knew he talked to dead people, but dead boars? Whatever.

All in all, I'm excited for a new season. I have to say, I'm not as attached to all the characters as I was by the end of last season. Maybe that's just because it's been a while, but I found myself caring less about the individual characters while I watched the premiere. Probably just because they had to pack a bunch of plot into it.

Lastly, that conversation between Hurley and his mom was just a dumb scene. That's all I have to say about that.

I'm bracing myself for an almost-more-than-I-can-handle dosage of time-travel confusion this season...

6 comments:

  1. Lalallaallalaaalalala I can't hear you. Haven't seen it yet. I have to watch webisodes in the middle of the night or during weekend naptime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, well I hope you come and post your thoughts after you see it!

    Also, it occurs to me that it's less likely that the white-haired lady would be Daniel's mom, since she's in the same place Ben is (LA, right?), and not Oxford. On the other hand, it does seem likely that Mr. J.J. Abrams & Co. would milk that unlikeliness for all it's worth; i.e. Desmond goes to Oxford to figure out who Daniel's mother is in all kinds of urgency (people are going to die, brothuh!), which leads him to LA, and to the white-haired lady - the same prophetess lady who sold him Penny's engagement ring! - and, conveniently, to all the others who are trying to get back to the island. But something tells me that even that wouldn't be unexpected enough for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lalalala not reading that either.

    Ok, yes I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my humble opinion:
    -yes, Ben is trying to scare Kate and yes, he hired the dudes to trash Sayid
    -Sun is tenatively aligned with Whitmore because it fits into her plans
    -the white haired lady is daniel's mom (are we supposed to know anything else about her? have we seen her before?)
    -daniel isn't helping charlotte because he can't do anything and doesn't want to alarm her
    -i wish locke would just die
    -miles is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, we do know the white-haired lady. She sold Desmond the engagement ring that he bought for Penny. Her name is Mrs. Hawking. See here:

    http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ms._Hawking

    Her picture also appeared on the desk of Brother Campbell, the head monk at Desmond's old monastery.

    Yeah, Miles is weird.

    I wonder what Sun's plans are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: wow, you remember everything! As I was watching the recap before the premiere I kept thinking, "What? Really? Hm, did I miss like, 4 seasons or something?"

    ReplyDelete