Friday, January 30, 2009

last episode

I can't believe that Whidmore was an Other! Didn't his name say "Jones" on his fatigue uniform? Finding out a little more about Whidmore's past was one of my favorite things about the last episode.

AND I really liked the scene where Locke asks Richard to come and visit him when he's born. Now it makes sense that John was supposed to recognize the compass when Richard visited him as a boy. And mems how Richard was at the hospital when Locke was born? That makes sense too.

Isn't it great that Penny and Desmond named their little boy Charlie? What a nice tribute. Now they just need to teach their son the song, "YOU ALL EVERYBODY!"

In an email chain with my in-laws and some of their friends, someone mentioned that they think Faraday is going to become one of the villains this season. I wonder how dedicated he is to Whidmore, especially now that we know Whidmore funded his research (for ten years, right?). I think Daniel seems like too sincere of a person to become a "bad guy," but I guess this show is all about the fluxuating boundaries between good and evil.

J speculated the other night that the Jughead bomb got buried and is tied into the hatch and the failsafe key that Desmond had to turn last season. Makes sense to me...

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing about the bomb and the hatch and the key...

    And might I say that you remember WAY more details about previous episodes than I do. Case in point- I forgot that Richard was at Locke's birth.

    And now, since I haev too many things to say, I shall write a post about Whidmore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it wasn't my idea, but it certainly does make sense to me.

    Also, it makes sense that Richard was confused by Locke choosing his knife instead of the compass - Richard assumed it was Locke's compass, when it was actually Richard's compass that he gave to Locke. So, Richard thought Locke chose the wrong thing, when he actually chose correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about Faraday's previous girlfriend(?)-- the girl in the coma. I think maybe he tested out his research on her and it ate up her brain (or displaced her somewhere in the space-time-flashes-of-light continuum), so now she's a vegetable.

    I didn't noticed that Widmore's uniform said Jones; I just assumed it wasn't his. The little blurb guides at the bottom of the screen mentioned that all the Others (except Richard, of course) were wearing uniforms that look like US Army uniforms from the 1950s. Since the army was apparently there (giant bomb) I think the Others got the uniforms from them-- either by killing army peeps, stealing uniforms (for infiltration purposes?), or the uniforms were left behind when the army left.

    ReplyDelete