Friday, March 20, 2009

sun's separation from everyone else

Wasn't this week's episode really great? There were so many questions that were answered. And e, you were TOTALLY right about Sun being separated from the rest of the group! You're amazing.

My biggest question is why Sun was separated from the rest of the Oceanic 6 members. I wonder if she got separated because she has motives that are contrary to the will of the island. Throughout the show, the island seems to determine what people are "good" enough to stay/survive. Perhaps Sun was separated from people because she is in cahoots with Whidmore? Or perhaps she was separated because all of the survivors were supposed to return to the island, and that didn't happen if Sun's baby and/or Aaron might be considered as part of the group.

I think Sun is an inherently good person, but maybe she is starting to turn "bad." What do people think?

3 comments:

  1. That is a really good question as to whether or not Sun is bad. When I saw the episode, this did not occured to me , but rather that maybe Sun has a different "mission" as far as the island is concerned.

    For example Shepard has only appeared to Locke and Sun. Could it be that the both of them have a purpose that is beyond the rest of the characters?

    Also, did any one catch that there was a person standing in the shadows behind Sun, as she was looking at the photograph of everyone?

    I think that it is probably Clair. I am wondering if Sun is going to have to get back off the island in order to get Aaron before she is able to reunite with everyone else. Hence why the pilot is with her and not another character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't thin Sun is bad, but I do agree that she has ulterior motives and maybe that's why she didn't end up with the rest of them. I'm very intrigued to see what the long journey ahead of her entails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't reading your comment very carefully, and I thought you ended by saying "the long journey ahead of her ENTRAILS."

    Gross. But I wouldn't put it past these writers.

    Also, they announced that the title of this season's finale is "The Incident." Awesome.

    ReplyDelete