Thursday, October 1, 2009

who is your favorite character?


Raise your hand if you're excited for LOST to start up again! We just have to wait, um, a couple more months!

J and I recently talked about our favorite characters from LOST. There are a lot of characters that I like. I reeeeally like Mr. Eko, Charlie, and Hurley, but I think that I might like Desmond the best. He's just so great. I like his relationship with Penny, I like that he calls everyone "Brutha," and I really like that he used to be a monk (really, how cool is that?!?). Plus, Desmond is especially interesting because of his time travel/vision/"constant" capabilities. In that sense, I think he might be the most unique character in the show.

If you had to pick ONE favorite LOST character, who would it be?

4 comments:

  1. Hm. I think I might have to go with Sun. She's just all around awesome. And I don't think she has any major character flaws; I love Sawyer, but he's a lazy pile; Jack has become a whiner; Kate's tortured and troubled but shouldn't be; and I've never NEVER liked Locke. Not even a little.

    But if I could choose TWO favorite characters, I think Desmond would be the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Des has the fewest really identifiable character flaws - he is truly (to the best of my memory) the most victimized by circumstances rather than by some very poop choices.

    Or Hurley.

    Somebody should make a little compilation video of Desmond saying "Brutha" to Hurley's "Dude"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desmond is definitely my favorite. Of all the characters I think he's the only one who can (and should) leave the island forever, breaking all ties with it and the people there. This is why Faraday's mom made me oooooh mad when she said the island isn't done with him yet.

    Ben is my second favorite character. He is the best bad guy ever.

    I agree that Jack has become a whiner and Kate has become over the top, sobbing all the time, etc. Oh, also, I like Jinn. He's super and seems to always have a surprise or two up his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Lost sexiness scale. Desmond is close to the top.

    ReplyDelete